Living Life at its Best!
All activities are carefully arranged by the society’s Activities Committee, our staff, and by our very active volunteer Residents Committee. In addition, residents have easy access to activities across the street at the Trout Lake Community Centre.
Typical Monthly Activity Schedule includes but is not limited to:
- 9 a.m.– 10 a.m every day, “Morning Coffee-time Socials” with your Neighbours
- Afternoon Tea
- Bingo – Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
- Ice Cream Socials – Thursdays at 2 p.m.
- Games Night on Thursdays
- Movie Afternoons on Sundays
- Busy Bee’s Knitting Club – Thursdays 7 p.m. in the Activity Room
- Sing-along with the Managers and live entertainment – 2:30 p.m. alternate Fridays
- Monthly Bus Trips to different part of the City (Lower Mainland)
- Monthly Theme Events: Robbie Burns, St. Patrick’s Day, Valentines, Remembrance Day
- Special Dinners at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter, and monthly summer Barbecues
- Outdoor concerts on the Plaza with some of Vancouver’s finest young musicians
- Speakers Program – monthly speakers on healthy lifestyles and seniors wellness
- “Sit and Fit” Exercise Classes – Tuesdays 1:30 p.m. in Activity Room
- “Nintendo Wii” Activities daily, with the big screen TV – come bowl, play tennis, or golf!
- Weekly walking club – to the nearby Trout Lake Park
- Gardening clubs
- Weekly Hair Dressing services – Wednesdays and Thursday in the on-site Beauty Salon (make your own appointment; rates are very reasonable)
- Computer Room with free internet access
- Piano and Electric Organ in the Activity Room
- Gardening club
- Arts and Crafts classes
- Games Room with chess and checkers, jigsaw puzzles and more